- What should you know about the insurance claims process? It is easy to feel paralyzed looking at damage to your home…damage that might be increasing even as you dial the phone. What you should know is that the insurance claims process is usually a pretty straightforward one. Whether you are located in our hometown of Lake Jackson or in the surrounding area, Branson Construction will make sure you receive a level of service and care typically not found in the “behemoth-sized” remediation companies that an insurance provider may want to pair you with.
Ok, so you wake up and step into a puddle of water seeping into in the room. What do you do?
- First, you should turn off the house’s water line. If you do not know how to do this. Here is a short video if you need help locating it.
- Second, briefly access the damage (i.e. how many rooms are flooded).
- Third, call your insurance company. This part is easier than most people realize. Once the insurance company verifies you have insurance, they will walk you through the process on the payout or reimbursement.
- Fourth, call Branson Construction and let us know that you have called your insurance company would like to use us for the emergency. Branson’s 24 hour service will be right over. All remediation companies are required to charge the same for your claim. Since going through an insurance provider–rest easy, you are getting the best service available.